14.1.09

teenage writing

Surfing blog sometimes takes me to young people writing. Well, younger than me. People in college, people in school(!). Besides, needless to say, making me feel old (yes, which I am not), it makes me a bit envious. Not of their youth, or their time in life, but the fact that they have blogs.
Let me explain. When I was in school and then in college, I wrote a diary, a fair bit. There were actually diaries, proper books with dates and limited space (though sometimes just blank books so I could write as much as I pleased and not be constrained by a page). My commitment to this outpouring of angst- as it mostly, inevitably was- was such that I would even write on napkins from cheap bars where I got drunk, scraps of paper salvaged in friends’ houses where I crashed, and the solitary college notebook/register (almost the only use it ever was to me).

These writings would have been quite bloody entertaining for others (as friends who found a sheet I had passed out next to will never let me forget), even if often at my expense. They might not have been very different or unique, but I suspect they would have made for a pretty interesting, crazy blog. But, that was not to be, so I should focus on writing other momentous and exciting material.
Don’t hold your breath, though.

0 thoughts:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP