10.7.05

tonight

You know how it is when you are tired but just could not be bothered enough to go to sleep?

So the sounds begin to die down, cars on the road whizz by occasionally, and seemingly very loudly. Silence starts to pervade. And you realise you are awake as your world sleeps.

I used to do this a lot. Read as everyone slept. My stomach would rumble, though now I wonder how much out of hunger and how much out of boredom. When I was younger it would mean a slice or two of bread, some butter. Sometimes a bit of cheese. With years my concotions became more adventurous, if always hasty and impatiently made.

When you start working, you tend to do this less....or is it just me.....

Either way....I find myself awake tonight- munching unhealthily, tired but not wanting to sleep, feeling the end of the day is incomplete...and, without helping that feeling of want, abruptly finishing a blog post without having said anything at all.

8 thoughts:

livinghigh Sunday, July 10, 2005  

hmmm,..... de road to gaining weight?... hehehe... have fun and more snacks, dude! ;-)

livinghigh Sunday, July 10, 2005  

hmmm,..... de road to gaining weight?... hehehe... have fun and more snacks, dude! ;-)

sameer Monday, July 11, 2005  

what kind of snacks do you munch? ;)

Laura Castelino Monday, July 11, 2005  

hmm to say much without saying anything at all, now that's a talent :)

Rat Monday, July 11, 2005  

Im feeling hungry now after reading your post.Bread, butter and cheese would be nice.

Anonymous Tuesday, July 12, 2005  

high: gaining weight and yet you tell me to go on eating. where is concern for others when you need it....:)

kots:any actualy. that's sorta the problem. Mostly namkeen types, though...I love namkeen

aa:I wonder now, what you have said there, without saying much....?

rat:that made you feel hungry? easy....
But I know what you mean..sometimes the simplest thngs make you want to eat.. (or if you're like me, no thing also will make me eat, if you get my drift....)

Penny Lane Monday, July 18, 2005  

Yes yes... me too... I was a nocturnal person, people used to call me an Owl... I loved staying up at night and reading and watching TV and everything else and snacking on all the fried foods I could possibly find and some nights if I was stoned, attack all the ice-cream and chocolate sauce I could find. But now, because I work, I try to sleep early every night and I try my best to stay up late on the weekend at least, but the exhaustion of the week just catches up with me big time!

Anyway, my first time here... hello :)

Anonymous Monday, July 18, 2005  

welcome, penny lane. great nick.
haha re: the chocolate sauce and ice cream!I know just what you mean...

ya, like I have said before, the work thing has made these phases in my life- sometimes I stay up a little, others I am real sleepy, and yet other times I just feel like staying up real late 9early), though I may wonder what got into me when I am a zombie at work the next day...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP