18.7.05

Morning music, and a remembrance

I love what music can do to my mornings. Not always, but a lot of the time.

For starters, I am not a morning person. Not by a Long shot. So I wake not so much grumpy as feeling victimised. Sorry for myself, having to brave a new day that my senses are not prepared for at all.

On different days different songs have different effects on me. Sometimes they are a consequence of my mood, which interprets a certain sound in a particular way that day. Sometimes the songs affect my mood itself.
Off late, this has felt upbeat on many a morning. On good days, it even induces a spring in my step. It’s an This laboratory also comes to mind as a recent favourite. I love the distinct phases the song has, building progressively without ever slamming into you…

Today this was a blast from the not so distant past, because I have not heard it in a while. It made me sombre, yet made me smile. As trees and buildings went past (or I went past them), other memories flashed by as well. It was a whole period of early mornings, eagerly awaited, heart-thuddingly initiated. Nerves, smiles, calm and chaos co-existing. A first kiss. A lingering touch. A kiss ending, though it was but a beginning.

8 thoughts:

Anonymous Monday, July 18, 2005  

:)

Mint Chutney Monday, July 18, 2005  

There are days when my mood dictates the music I listen too and there are days when the music I listen to dictates my mood.

P.S. All soundtracks from Cameron Crowe movies are awesome!

Anonymous Monday, July 18, 2005  

welcome here, o minty one.
re-the mood: precisely- sometimes you feel like listening to something specific. At other times, you feel like listening to anything or nothing, and when you do, the music takes you...

Anonymous Monday, July 18, 2005  

and ya, Cameron Crowe even composes some stuff himself. The lovely 'Lucky trumble' on Almost Famous is by Nancy Wilson, who I think is his wife. I believe 'The Singles' OST is really good, though I haven't heard it.

Penny Lane Tuesday, July 19, 2005  

I love the Almost Famous soundtrack. Love the movie too... Duh, where else did I get the idea for Penny Lane from although the Beatles song did have a lot to do with it! I think my fav song from the soundtrack is Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd! Also like Feel Flows by the Beach Boys... And Simon and Garfunkle always rock!

Jay Tuesday, July 19, 2005  

I don't know any of these songs, vague :(

Rat Tuesday, July 19, 2005  

I'm so not a morning person either and unfortunately I wake up too late to do anything other than have a bath and leave, forget listening to music.

Anonymous Wednesday, July 20, 2005  

penny lane: Well I thought it must have been the Beatles song....assumed it might be a much to presume it was from this wonderful film...what about Lucky Trumble and the Cat Stevens song....aren't they lovely...?

jay:whatever your music inclinations, you're missing out my friend...try and get this if you can, without spending too mcuh money and ruining the weekly budget (I so know the feeling)

rat: well me neither, but that is why one needs a car with a music system, or an ipod, or both....yes, I know I sound spoilt, but my recent indulgences-while occasionaly guilty- are invaluable!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP