28.10.05

at a loss

How much can you defend a city you love for obvious reasons (to yourself), when deep in your heart you know that it shames you much more often than (ever) warming your soul.

I understand there are many reasons (education-lack of it-, poverty, over population) why a lot of the things that happen in India happen. But sometimes I wonder if it is something more inherent, and we (I) am just loathe to think/accept it- that some many of my ‘countrymen’ might actually be, inexplicably, diametrically opposite to my perception of life and humanity.

Am I deluded, in my own world? Or are they?

(link in the title, courtesy blogger acting up)

8 thoughts:

Anonymous Friday, October 28, 2005  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penny Lane Thursday, November 03, 2005  

They are!

livinghigh Friday, November 04, 2005  

too much generalising. lets be honest and give everyone his/ her due. individual due.

Anonymous Sunday, November 06, 2005  

what does that mean, high? I like to believe am tolerant person, but what due am I to give to the people mentioned in that post?

babelfish Wednesday, November 09, 2005  

erm....it might just be my comp acting up but I can't see the story, link not working...haalp!! Therefore unable to comment on your post :D but glad you're back :)

. Thursday, November 10, 2005  

babel you wicked thing

onan the bavarian Thursday, November 10, 2005  

We're all deluded, you no more than anyone else. I would need to try living in India or (worse) Pakistan, if I wanted to comprehend a little of their world. But I don't fancy dysentery, so I'll watch them play cricket on TV instead.

EATING POETRY Monday, November 28, 2005  

Timeless question... but you seemed to have answered it: you're both in your own worlds and hence cannot see eye to eye.
Love the style of your blog by the way -- how you cross things out -- it's very fresh looking.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP