17.8.05

noir

It was another one of those days.
I sat brooding at my desk, the inanities hovered around with irreverent pokes at my brain. Coffee spilt on the table, but not really. Work consumed, but not really. I sat focused, but not really. Noises floated in and out, and I knew what was going happen. I could feel it in my nerves that weren’t tingling. I could detect it in my dull senses. Sooner or later, it would be a reality, I was sure. I really did know what was going to happen that day.
And sure, enough nothing happened.


For I had known all the time, it was another one of those days when nothing would happen. Nothing at all.

16 thoughts:

Rat Wednesday, August 17, 2005  

I have many days like this.

J. Alfred Prufrock Thursday, August 18, 2005  

Nothing happened .. except that you remembered Douglas A.

Do you NEVER feel cheerful on your own blog?

J.A.P.

Mint Chutney Thursday, August 18, 2005  

I like the title of the post.

Penny Lane Thursday, August 18, 2005  

Yesterday and today have not been nothing days. They've been damn freaking busy and complicated and I yearn for my 'nothing' days!

Anonymous Thursday, August 18, 2005  

yeah... why arent you ever cheerful on your blog? does life suck so much?

Anonymous Thursday, August 18, 2005  

rat, penny: yes but are they good nothing days like penny wishes for, or bad ones? Nothing days are tricky, I tell you. Sometimes they are delighful sometimes they weigh you down

mint: so do i...:)

jap, anon: Ok, I get it. I am depressing. I have never noticed it, but now that you guys point out, I realise that most of my posts here are 'quiet' or 'introspective' or something equally (pseudo?) deep. But I am not a depressed person. I am not low all the time. I can be quite cheery actually, and often am.
So it remians a good question- why the sombre posts?

and,um, which part was Douglas A (for it was done unwittingly)
er, not witlessly:)

J. Alfred Prufrock Thursday, August 18, 2005  

One of my favourite passages from THGTTG is that bit about a swamp bubbling away to itself for a few thousand years and then ... "Suddenly .. nothing happened"

Story of my life too.

J.A.P.

Anonymous Thursday, August 18, 2005  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
. Thursday, August 18, 2005  

JAP: ah, yes. I remember that now. Still like the "many people thought this was not a good idea" bit a lot.

Rat Friday, August 19, 2005  

Your absolutely right ! Nothing days are very tricky. Yesterday I had a really bad nothing day. But today was fairly fun.

Jay Saturday, August 20, 2005  

God, more often than not NOTHING happens to me. I take that as a good thing, actually.

sameer Saturday, August 20, 2005  

nothing ever happens. and the needle returns to the start of the clock...

Tabula_Rasa Saturday, August 20, 2005  

Encompassed by nothingness....

Anonymous Saturday, August 20, 2005  

jay: yes it should be a good thing, right? but we dont always let it be right? and its not as philosophical as it sounds here right?

k.o.t.s: nono. it bloody never goes back, does the clock...

nomadic: it wasn;t that bad actually, before I am acused of more terminal depression. and, welcome.

. : A : . Tuesday, August 23, 2005  

Oh yes, those are the times!

:-)

Anonymous Tuesday, November 29, 2005  

Hi there Blogger, I had been out looking for some new information on seduce when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP