30.6.13

Horizontal

We take our body for granted. I have been horizontal for more than 24 hours, unable to get up. The simple act of getting off the bed and standing seemed so distant and difficult and painful. It was scary and unnerving and agonizing and very sobering. One of the times I tried to stand up the pain was so intense I passed out and fell one the bed and woke in her arms 15-20 seconds later. 

I finally was able to get up 20 minutes ago. It still hurts but I have walked and gone to the loo and stood a minute in the balcony looking out. Now I'm sitting in front of that greatest of babysitters, the TV. But before I surfed I wanted to put this down. I will be in bed again soon because I must, 
but I will be less pessimistic. 

0 thoughts:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP