29.8.05

,again

Little moments, like flashbacks from a past that warms- a soundtrack of moods, but also of words. Casual clothes, even shabby, even unappealing. A little broom falls from the hands, an arm wraps around a waist, a neck is found.

Autumn in new york
Why does it seem so inviting
Autumn in new york
It spells the thrill of first-nighting

A dance of blue, out of the blue. Deep breathing, gentle swaying, the warmth of proximity, the heat of togetherness.


Dreamers with empty hands
They sigh for exotic lands

A little trip, some eyes-close-looking. See, those four walls are here again and that little two-in-one with a pop-up cd player. There, there is the window, with darkness and a tubelight. Or the moon. A shot of Barcelona tinted whisky, a hasty latch.

Off with my overcoat, off with my glove
I need no overcoat, I'm burning with love!
My heart's on fire, the flame grows higher

Old times revisited in settings anew. Notes fall, like leaves setting a mood. There are stumbles, like before, yet not. There is urgency so unlike the past, there is a calm so unlike the present. Where do lovers go, if not into memory; into a continuity of connection, a permanency of love.


Stars fading but I linger on dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longin' to linger till dawn dear
Just saying this, yes

. .

12 thoughts:

Anonymous Monday, August 29, 2005  

sigh...

Rat Monday, August 29, 2005  

vAgue seriously I don't what to say. I played "Dream a little dream" and re-read your post.
Now i feel like some whiskey :)

Really beautiful !!

. : A : . Monday, August 29, 2005  

Very sensual. Love the flow through the piece.

babelfish Tuesday, August 30, 2005  

just drifting along....there's something about the way you write which makes me want to keep drifting back :)

Anonymous Tuesday, August 30, 2005  

"Where do lovers go, if not into memory; into a continuity of connection, a permanency of love."
beautiful.

. Wednesday, August 31, 2005  

sigh...
rat: I hope you went and got that wishkey, rat- and a shot, at that!
(i just wrote wishkey, and I ain't even had any!)

.:a:.: thanks...

babelfish: why, thank you- am glad you are liking. and despite the drifting- all the best with those tests!

anon:I paused when i write that line, then hit enter...

Penny Lane Thursday, September 01, 2005  

This thing that you just wrote is making me think of singers like Frank Sinatra for some reason....

Anonymous Thursday, September 01, 2005  

I suppose you know this, but that's cause those lines are from the 'Ella & Louis Again' album (except the last one of course). check the ttwo links (dots) at the bottom of the post...

Mint Chutney Thursday, September 01, 2005  

Very nice Vague. If I had to specify my favorite part it would be "There is urgency so unlike the past, there is a calm so unlike the present". Very nice...

livinghigh Thursday, September 01, 2005  

siggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
;-)
nice.

Anonymous Thursday, September 01, 2005  

I should read this over and over and over again. every time I need to remind myself....

Anonymous Friday, September 02, 2005  

mint:thanks mint. quoted separately, I almost misunderstood my line!

high: thanks

anon: hmmmm.....

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP